Helping girls become strong women is vital to building stronger communities.
This event brings girls, ages 11-16, and their educators and allies, together for a day of empowerment, teaching leadership skills, healthy conflict resolution and more, so these girls can embrace and become their “best selves.”
The workshops, lead by nationally known speaker-educators, builds self-confidence and empowers girls to challenge stereotypes, use their voice, pursue their dreams, mentor one another and help generate positive change for equity in their schools, communities and society.
- The event is open to North Texas schools and organizations serving young girls
- Individuals, small and large groups are welcome
- We require 1-2 chaperones for up to 10 girls attending
RESERVE YOUR PLACE
All nonprofit organizations and area school districts that are interested in bringing a group a girls ages 11-16 to BestSelf, download and complete this form by April 26th.
For information on how to add your organization to the invite list, contact Kristyn Senters at email@example.com.
Workshop 1: Living My Best Life
- Examining Self Esteem/Insecurities: how you think and feel about yourself as a total package
- Body Image: how you think and feel about your body/media/societal body image pressures
- Body changes and developments: notion of being “unclean” after starting menstrual cycle
Workshop 2: Be Your Best Advocate
- Learning best practices of being your own leader
- How to advocate for yourself, and issues that are important to you
- Build A Campaign: Girls pick a focus area and break into groups to talk about the issue and develop solutions and action items they can take to help address the issue.
Workshop 3: Representing Your BestSelf
- How to represent yourself positively in all environments (including social media)
- Navigating through social media – etiquette/best practices
- Safety practices and precautions on all social platform
Workshop 4: Surrounding Yourself with the Best
- Core functions of a healthy relationship – with friends, parents or partners
- Identifying toxic/unhealthy relationships
- How to handle difficult situations/people